ART SHAMSKY MENTORING & CONSULTATION
Years ago, I was a younster looking to develop my skills in baseball. Even before I became a professional baseball player, I longed for someone to guide me. The guidance I needed wasn’t just in the game of baseball. There were other skills and insights that I needed which, when combined with my natural baseball ability, would give me the best chance of improving both on and off the field. Unfortunately, I didn’t have someone like that guiding me to that extent. Sports, and life, have ups and downs. The key is to use them as learning experiences. To become a better player and person, one needs to achieve successful realistic and attainable goals through hard work and perserverance. While i succeeeded even without sufficient guidance, I am sure that my growth and preparation as a player would have occured sooner, had I been guided correctly. Therefore, I decided to share my knowledge and experience, in the hopes that, in some way, I will be able to help make that effort for a youngster that more enjoyable.
My focus is to meet and confer with youngsters and/or parents with the idea of offering them my experience and expertise based on my life experiences. I was a professional baseball player for 13 years with 8 years in the Major Leagues, and was a member of the 1969 World Champion New York Mets. I have worked in television and radio for many years as a sports announcer and commentator, in addition to owning various types of businesses. I am also a writer, a published author, and continue to make personal appearances and speaking engagements. I have dealt on a personal level with numerous circumstances in the world of business and sports that relate to today’s athletes. I believe my life experiences would be invaluable not only to a young person trying to advance to the next level of play in sports, but also help in whatever goals they want to achieve in other areas also.
Please note that I am willing to travel outside of the New York City area and look forward to the opportunity to help develop young people to maximize their opportunities.
Art Shamsky’s Principles of Success
- What it takes to get an individual to the next level in sports. The mental and physical effort that is needed.
- Practicing good habits on & off the field. How important it is and why?
- How an athlete should deal with and interact with coaches, teammates, parents, and fans.
- How to deal with the successes and failures that affect one’s mental attitude. As an example, Baseball is one of the few sports where as a hitter you fail much more than you succeed. How one deals with those failures is very important to a player’s long term success.
- Discussing conversations and meetings with baseball scouts, specifically, what they look for in a player on and off the field. Leveraging the right answers to build up interest from a scout.
- Best practices in compliance and ethics aligned with social media, using discretion on what to post online.
- Utilizing top health expert recommendations in Medical, Rehabilitation, and Dietary.
- How to integrate a public relations expert if needed to help guide you throughout your journey.
- How realistic goals can be achieved through hard work, determination, and preparedness. Understanding also, that dreams don’t always come to fruition. Therefore, providing a realistic approach with the understanding that someday even if one makes it to the highest level, a dream may eventually come to and end. With an understanding that injuries and other factors could potentially hinder one’s success and being prepared for the “real world” is a cohesive strategy that will always pay off for one’s long term success in life.
- Having been a professional athlete, World Champion, and experience much in my life, I truly believe what with my knowledge I would be an invaluable asset to a young athlete and their parents in helping them achieve their goals.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org